Every year, the month of November your month becomes a healthy smile. And in 2015 - is no exception.
The beautiful, white smile plays an important role. You can use it to arrange an interview and feel confident in any situation.
Dental diseases - dental caries and periodontal pathology - widespread not only among the population of Belarus, but also worldwide. Every year, dentists in the country is 14-15 mln. Calls, put about 8.5 million. Seals and made 500-550 thousand. Dentures.
In fact, dental caries and periodontal tissue pathology is the infectious diseases that develop in favorable conditions. But it is necessary to change these conditions - and you will be able to effectively fight for the preservation of dental health. Prevention of tooth decay and gum disease, is not difficult, because to keep their teeth healthy is very simple.
It's just three simple rules that underpin the whole world experience. And they are quite simple: proper oral hygiene, proper nutrition and the use of fluoride. And regular visits to the dentist for preventive purposes. Yes, it's that simple.
Proper oral hygiene
From birth, the child's parents, grandparents, and all people have a deep sense of tenderness and love. And often, we just want to kiss a miracle. But if you have abnormalities in the mouth, then kiss each child infitsiruete bacteria that contribute to the development of caries and periodontal disease. And since teething it becomes especially important. Use the special mouthwash to reduce the concentration of bacteria.
Before the appearance of the teeth the mouth of the child should be cleaned daily using a tissue or paper towel. Since the eruption of teeth should be 2 times a day to clean the plaque with a soft toothbrush. Toothbrushes and toothpaste for your child help choose the children's dentist. Until 5-6 years baby teeth cleaned parents. If a child wants to brush their teeth on their own, the parents should be sure to monitor the process and the amount applied to the toothbrush toothpaste (no more than 0.5-1 cm) and at the end of your child's teeth trimmed.
And you should know - important is not the fact some teeth brushing and certain consistency and thoroughness of the implementation of the hygiene procedures.
For children under 6 years old should follow the following sequence of teeth cleaning procedures:
- cleaning of the teeth begin to bubble surface where the brush to make short horizontal translational movement. Brush advance from right to left on the teeth of the upper jaw, and then from left to right in the teeth of the lower jaw;
- clean the exterior surfaces of the teeth in a circular motion is performed in the serried teeth with simultaneous capture of upper and lower teeth, with the gradual progress from right to left;
- cleaning the inner surfaces of the teeth to sweep performed vertical movements from the gum to the chewing surfaces (cutting edge) on the upper jaw from right to left and left to right mandible.
For adults, the procedure is somewhat different:
- Choose for yourself the jaw (upper or lower), and the direction from which you will always start brushing your teeth. For example, the upper jaw on the left.
- The toothbrush is placed horizontally on the gum at an angle of 45 degrees on the last tooth of the upper jaw on the left side cheeks. Begin brushing your teeth, brush 10 performing sweeping movements - from the top down to the upper jaw. Then shifted to 1 tooth and repeat 10 more motions. This is due to the fact that the brush head is maximally captures one tooth 2 and surfaces of the adjacent teeth. Thus, moving progressively, moving from left to right to the opposite side of the jaw.
- Then clean the inner surface of the teeth - a brush from the sky horizontally on the gum at an angle of 45 degrees on the last tooth of the upper jaw on the right.Also performing 10 sweeping motion, moving on a single tooth, from right to left. In the front section - with canines and incisors cleaning - not always convenient to put the brush horizontally: it may not always knead. Therefore, it can be positioned along the dentition so that the bottom edge of the bristles become an angle of 45 degrees to the gums, and also make sweeping movements.
- Then clean the chewing surfaces of the teeth of the upper jaw - a toothbrush mounted on the chewing surface of the teeth of the upper left and made horizontal sawing back and forth movement in the range of 2-3 teeth, gradually shifting to one tooth forward.
- In a similar sequence clean the teeth of the mandible.
Shoe ends in a circular motion on the buccal and labial surfaces in the serried jaws with the capture of the teeth, gums and moving the brush from left to right. Rinse mouth with water.
If you have dentures, clean and do not forget them, because they also accumulate food residues and microorganisms. It is imperative to rinse them under running water after every meal. Not less than 1 time per day to hold them clean with a soft toothbrush using a slightly abrasive toothpaste is best for children, as too stiff brush and rough tooth powder can damage the denture. Currently, there are special powders and tablets for cleansing dentures - they are dissolved in water in which they are immersed for a specified time in the instruction. When using these drugs not only the prosthesis is cleaned of plaque and food debris, but will get rid of odors and cleans the removable denture. The liquid is recommended to lower the prosthesis once a week immediately after preparation of the solution.
In addition, there are many additional oral hygiene - dental floss, interdental brushes, mouthwash, denture brushes, etc. Using all of these you can teach dentists.
For the prevention of dental diseases is extremely important to organize diet and nutrition in accordance with the needs of the organism to be balanced in content and quantity of proteins, fats, vitamins and carbohydrates. Excess and prolonged stay in the mouth of foods rich in carbohydrates and especially sugars, has a negative effect on oral health. Cariogenic potential of the food is largely determined by the frequency and duration of meals.
The main demand - limiting the frequency of consumption of carbohydrates from simple (sugars) and complex (starches) to external (added to the product) and internal (natural). The number of meals may not exceed 5-6 times per day, including three main meals and two snacks.
During pregnancy, a woman should receive a varied balanced diet with the obligatory presence of milk, dairy products, eggs, vegetables, fruit. After the birth of the child in the first six months of exclusive breastfeeding is recommended, and the subsequent introduction of complementary foods with continued breastfeeding.Recommendation on the method and timing of introduction of complementary foods are assigned a pediatrician based on the individual characteristics of the child.
The introduction of vitamin D supplementation in the diet of pregnant women and children suffering from the lack of it, will reduce the occurrence of defects in the structure of the teeth.
Sweets and fruits should give the child immediately after a meal or before brushing. As an interim meal is best to use cheese, yogurt, nuts, unsweetened fruits and vegetables. Do not give your child to kindergarten candy, sweet biscuits, waffles and other sweets, as their consumption between meals is especially harmful to the teeth. In the case of prolonged use of a child, avoid drugs syrups and effervescent forms.
As the carrier, additives fluorides entire population recommended-fluorinated iodized salt which must be added to the food during its preparation.
Fluoride toothpastes are recommended for continuous daily use twice when brushing your teeth the whole population (from age limits for the concentration and consumption of pasta for kids).
Children under 6 years of age is recommended to use toothpaste with fluoride concentration of 500 ppm size of a small pea.
Children under the age of 6 years, adolescents and adults - toothpaste with fluoride concentrations of 1100-1500 ppm size of 1-1.5 cm.
Regular visits to the dentist
See your dentist at least once a year. In this case you will be promptly assigned and conducted preventive measures, and if necessary dental treatment. Do not delay a visit to the dentist if you notice the appearance of the teeth gaps. Most often it manifested the initial form of tooth decay. Treatment of dental caries at an early stage and most effectively painless, whereas in advanced cases, is often necessary to remove the tooth.
Following these simple rules will help keep your smile snow-white. Permanently. Smile on health!
Head Specialist of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus in Dentistry
Doctor Methodist (head) organizational and methodical department of GU "Republican Clinical Dental Clinic"